Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Official offer



We knew the offer was coming, but last week in the mail...


the official offer letter came! They'd already unofficial told me over the phone everything that would be in the letter, but it was just really exciting for me and Megan to see it hard copy. I signed it, and sent it back to them. My start date is June 1. We're looking into apartments and we're close to signing a lease with one place... it makes it hard to concentrate on the last 8 weeks of school left!

In related news, last week I also heard from two other companies that I had interviewed with on campus, both of which invited me to fly out on their dime and view their facilities and have second round interviews. Talk about good timing on the part of Insight! While I was tempted to accept the invitations to have some free little breaks from school to fly across the country with someone else's money, I proudly told them I had already accepted another position. Really, we couldn't be more pleased with our offer from Insight, and to us, it's really just a testament to how much Heavenly Father has been blessing us lately with everything falling into place!

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Congrats you guys!!! yay!!!

Megan Turnidge said...

CONGRATS!! That's fantastic!

Megan, the letter box is from Joann's... it's in the wood crafting section. HEY! We should go to the craft store together! It'd be fun! :)

Meka said...

Wow that will be such a fun experience living there! You picked the right major I guess because in this economy to even get a phone call back is a miracle! In our ward here there are over 20 family's without jobs right now, and we live in a pretty good area in Vegas! It is such a blessing to find employment right out of college too! Guess what I don't even know what the heck either one of your majors even mean! Haha.

Mac and Alisa said...

Matthias and Megan
It is Mac and Alisa Gifford. Found you through facebook. Congrats on the job offer and the baby. That is so exciting. How is life other then that?

Dustin said...

That is fantastic my fiend. It is a good feeling to finish school up and have a job to walk into. Both are extremely commendable.