Wednesday, August 19, 2009

More Pictures of Oliver!

First of all I'd like to thank Matthias for posting the story so quickly. Me being on Morphine sort of dimmed my memory. Honestly, Oliver's birth was far better than I ever could have imagined child birth to be. I only felt slight pain all day Sunday while I was having contractions, and when they were increasing in the evening they had me take a bath with jets that hit my back in just the right places to help me relax. Then they gave me morphine which was amazing because even though I woke up for every contraction, until they were really bad I was able to just fall right asleep afterward. Once it was an hour before Oliver was born I was able to think enough to wake up Matthias so I could go to the bathroom, and that's when we knew that our little boy was finally on his way. The nurse we had overnight (Katelyn) was amazing and supportive. I didn't want an epidural, but I kind of figured that I would end up having one anyway, but she really helped me out by keeping me calm about the pain. When I finally decided I wanted one was the contraction that took me from 8cm and -2 to head coming out. Then it was just pushing until he came out, and I was just so tired from the morphine that I was able to rest between contractions. I highly recommend morphine for childbirth, and no, I haven't craved it at all.

After we were moved over from Labor & Delivery to Maternity, all of the nurses were so helpful at teaching us all we'd need to know and providing us with just about everything we needed for baby Oliver. The lactation nurse was extremely helpful and with her advice things have been going pretty well. We had a slight scare with jaundice because his bilirubin levels were pretty high, but he's eating and pooping like a champ now.

The hospital took such great care of us, and the doctors and nurses were amazing. They all thought Oliver was amazingly cute, so maybe there was a bias, but I'd have to agree.

Anyway, now for the pictures!

Here's Oliver in his going home outfit.

It's exhausting being so cute!

Really exhausting!


Waiting with Daddy to get the ink tag ...I mean kinder boot taken off.


Oliver has loved his car seat from the first time he tried it on!


Mommy and Oliver.


This was his first sponge bath.


He finally decided he liked it.


I love his duck lips. Especially in his duck towel.


This baby is seriously the cutest baby ever. Looking at this can you call me biased?


All clean!


Sleepy boy.


This is his pirate face. It took him awhile before he regularly opened two eyes at once.


U of A basketball fan!


Going for the slam dunk!


Yeah!!


Daddy's got a U of A boy.


Kisses


He loves to rest on me with his hand under his face.


Snuggles with Mommy.

Remember in the ultrasounds how his hands were by his face? Yup...still there!

Baby's first tie!

He's got the greatest concerned look. He's not upset, just concerned.

Ready for playtime with Daddy?


As much as he plays with his hands, and as many jagged nails as he gets, he has yet to scratch himself. *whew*

Chillaxin' with Daddy.

10 comments:

Alexander and Dea Kelley said...

congrads and he is so cute.

Britt said...

Eatin' and poopin' like a champ, yep, he's his daddy's boy! Forget U of A basketball, you've got a GUITAR HERO there!! Look at picture 4, we swear he's waiting to hold a pick and fret board.

Brandon said...

Awww - what a cute little baby! Congratulations guys!

Mary Ann said...

Yep, he's pretty cute. :D You done good!

Lauren said...

Aw!
Does he look like Matt?
I think he might!!
Adorable pictures. Glad you are doing well :)

Janny said...

He has the best facial expressions ever! He has such a personality already

Anonymous said...

wow. i love the pictures of you with him. very cute! congrats again!

Meagan said...

He is ADORABLE! So much fun! Thanks for posting so many pictures. We miss you, but glad you are doing so well.

Jim Stubbs said...

Congratulations Matthias and Megan!! Way to go Megan, being induced and still doing it all without an epidural. Oliver is very very cute, as you know.

Grandpa n Grandma Whitney said...

Chip off the ol' block...awesome!