Thursday, June 25, 2009

In memory of...


In memory of Michael Jackson, who just died of cardiac arrest today, I keep remembering how I really reintroduced Matthias to the "Thriller" video. It was February or March 2008, and because I kept thinking of the movie 13 Going on 30 I made Matthias watch the Thriller dance on Youtube. He got really excited and we found other random versions of the dance, including a Lego version, and an a capella version. That was Friday night. The next day, we happened to be going crazy with school, and were spending our entire Saturday just trying to get homework, laundry, and cleaning done, and the next thing I knew, this was happening:

Yes, those are my socks on Matthias's ears.

I was on the phone with my mom asking her to take a picture of the sun dial in her garden, so Matthias braided my hair.

Then Matthias brought in our mattress cover from drying out on the line.

Soon we got ready and went to our ward BBQ to try to keep ourselves from going crazy (or maybe to return to sanity). It ended up being a chilly day, and we were at a dirt patch at a park, and played Frisbee.

Right now Matthias and I are leisurely lying in bed, reading and talking about finances (Matthias is reading a book about called "The Total Money Makeover" in hopes that we can avoid ever needing one). Our clean apartment actually looks clean and open, not cluttered and cramped. The memories and pictures sure are fun/funny, but I'm sure glad to be past those stressful Saturdays!

4 comments:

Janny said...

HAHAHA! That is so funny

Lauren said...

Oh man Matt is crazy!
RIP MJ..
Glad you are getting all settled in!!

Nendy said...

Matthias cracks me up! He braids pretty well too.

Callie said...

We sure miss you guys! We had game night the other night and missed having you hear! So glad you are having good times in your new place! Hooray for cameras to capture silly moments like socks on ears!