Thursday, July 28, 2011

Two Monthday

It's hard to believe that Camilla is already two months old!


She is growing amazingly, although not exploding like Oliver did (which is a-ok!)


Height: 22.75" (68%)
Weight: 11 lb 11.3 oz (75%)
Head: 38 cm (85%)


She has amazing rolls on her arms.


And loves to smile and Momma and Dada.


And she is just a calm and content baby.


We sure love Camilla! (Bonus points if you recognize the flowers!)

She's an amazing sleeper.  We start wondering what's wrong if she only sleeps for 6 consecutive hours at night, and have even had a couple nights of 8 hours!

I can't tell you how much I love the Baby Whisperer.  We heard about it from a friend when I was pregnant, but I didn't check it out until 6 months with Oliver, and we didn't really start implementing it until 9 months.  I can't believe how much easier it is with Camilla, and how much more observant I am!  It makes such a huge difference knowing what's wrong instead of trying to guess!  Seriously, baby whispering is amazing!  I also thought it was all about the routine, but the routine just makes it easier to be in tuned with your baby.  It's amazing to be able to understand what a newborn is saying.  Like when she is tired of taking pictures.



I have no idea what time Camilla takes her naps, yet we are able to work around her schedule amazingly because I'm not spending hours calming an over-tired and over-stimulated baby like I always was with Oliver.  If only we could understand Oliver as easily.  He has started calling me Megan by the way. 

4 comments:

Sarah said...

I love this post! Camilla is sooooo, soooo cute! Flowers from your weddin'? and maybe I shouldn't, but I LOVE that Oliver is calling you Megan. It cracks me up! It's a phase he will grow out of I promise, but oh momma, it's funny! Also, I'm totally googleing "baby whisperer". *grin*

Meagan said...

I totally had a cousin that called his mom "honey" and by her first name. Love it. Your little girly is a keeper...and those rolls on her arms are amazing. I seriously almost stopped to count them because it made me so happy.

Nendy said...

Camilla has really plumped up! She is adorable.

You need to reinforce what Oliver is supposed to call you. It is good for him to know your name though.

Hopefully I will get Oliver's birthday things wrapped up and mailed by tomorrow. Enjoy your cute little family!

Jason said...

Julia went through a phase of calling us by our first names...It really didn't last very long. They move on from things so quickly at this age.

Camilla is adorable!! Such cute smile. I can't believe she's 2 months already!