Friday, January 7, 2011

Amaryllis

So just in case you were wondering why this blog hardly ever gets updated anymore...it has nothing to do with Oliver not being cute anymore because he's cuter than ever.  His latest this week is that he says "Boppy" for his belly button as he pulls up his shirt and sometimes insists on raspberries.  As in, puts his hands on my head and pushes it toward his belly while spitting.  He's definitely adorable.

It has far more to do with the fact that I'm tired all the time, growing a little girl inside. 



Yup.  Due date is June 1.  Ultrasound today was 75% sure she is a girl.  She kept her legs tight together most of the time (and the lady setting my next appointment said "You better hope she stays that way!") so it was hard to be sure, but the doctor said that if the ultrasound technician gave us any gender that she was pretty sure and there shouldn't be a change at the next ultrasound.  She was being a stubborn little thing and the technician couldn't get all of the pictures she needed, so we'll have another go at the ultrasound in 4 weeks to be more sure on the gender.  Everything they could see looked fine and her estimated weight is 11 oz.



We've decided that since Oliver's fetal name was Winthrop, it only follows that our little girl's name will be Amaryllis while in the womb.  I like that better than Winthrop 2.0 anyway.  We're pretty excited!  Hooray for being able to shop for ruffles and ribbons! 

In other cuteness, Oliver loves it when we sing "The Itsy Bitsy Spider", and he tries to do the spider movements by putting his index fingers together, and he can also do the "washed the spider out" motion (which also matches his "ahhh gah" aka "all gone" motion).  And we always get applause at the end.  He's the best!  We're excited to see how he likes being a big brother.

15 comments:

Megan Turnidge said...

Awww! Yay for a girl!!!! Girls are their own kind of special... and the clothes are way cuter. hehe

Eevi said...

So exciting! We are only few weeks away from the arrival of our little girl and I cant wait to be a mom of a girl. If you were here, our boys and girls could be friends since they are so close in age Though I have to admit that your location is more appealing to me than Tucson:)

Kels said...

Megan!!!! Thats soooo exciting!!! I hope she has red hair!! A little red headed girl version of Oliver would be so so so adorable!

Rebecca E. said...

YAY! I am so excited for you!!! Oliver will be an awesome big brother, he is just too cute! Congrats, and keep those pictures comin... we miss you guys!

Charlene said...

A GIRL!?!? Yay! How exciting.

Meka said...

Yay, this time I should be able to send a decent gift... one that actually fits because bows are one size fits all right? yaay!!

Meagan said...

I am so excited for you! Girls are great, but man, oh man, get ready for some serious attitude if she's anything like our girlie girl! Miss you lots!

Rachel said...

AAAAHHHHH! So exciting! You will have to send me a letter/picture/something when she comes. :)

Lindsey said...

So excited for you! Love the Music Man!

Nendy said...

I am so excited for you guys!!! Girls are so different from boys. Both are fun in their own ways though.

Duckie said...

Yay for girls!!! Congrats!!! I'm waiting for my next ultrasound to see better pictures and get actual measurements - all we know is he looks okay and is a boy.

Laura said...

That's great! I didn't even know you were pregnant! Once again we have due dates very close to each other, mine is May 23 but we chose not to find out if it's a boy or girl...I'm really excited for you though and hope we have a girl this time as well. Congrats!

Angela said...

Congrats - oh my gosh! I can't believe I am so excited for you guys....you did a great job keeping it a secret!

cairn said...

Yeah for second babies!!!

Carrie Stratton

Grandpa n Grandma Whitney said...

Amaryllis...naked lady?
Congrats again...and enjoyed the phone chat!