Wednesday, December 1, 2010

December in Review (through 12/10)

December 1, 2010

Amidst all of the sleeping brought on by first trimester, I attempted to crochet a stocking for Oliver by Christmas.  I ultimately failed,  but Oliver decided to try to help me and he loved sticking the hook into the yarn just like Momma.

IMG_0258IMG_0272

December 3, 2010

We received a fun advent calendar very similar to ones that I kept thinking “Oh, I should make one like that” from my mom, and Oliver just loved playing with it.  He quickly learned which one was “Je-Je” and we had fun picking up all of the pieces all month long.

IMG_0275

Un-pictured we also had an advent calendar that had Andes for Matthias and I, with a peanut butter M&M in it for Oliver.  He learned very quickly that it had “num num”s in it and wouldn’t let us forget to use it after dinner.

December 4, 2010

Oliver has learned some great new tricks.  He knows how to fold his arms:

IMG_0282

He knows how to talk on the phone (and EVERYTHING is now a phone):

IMG_0295

And tonight he learned how to talk to Baby Jesus:

IMG_0303

Or at least kiss him.  Actually here’s how it really went:

We were looking down at our little Nativity and pointing out to Oliver the most important person, Baby Jesus.  In response, he picked up Baby Jesus, held him to his ear (like a telephone) and said “Hi!”.  We then told him about prayer, and how grateful we are that we can talk to Jesus, and how much Jesus loves us.  Then he decided to give Baby Jesus kisses. 

We also had our first big Christmas Tree!  However, it was a slow process getting it decorated with Oliver around, so here’s some nice Bokeh:

IMG_0312

December 9, 2010

I had to buy new boots for the winter, and the box became one of Oliver’s favorite toys.  He was always so pleased when he could actually fit himself all the way in.

IMG_0319

December 10, 2010

Oliver’s first eggnog mustache.  He could not get enough of the stuff, and was sad when it was all gone.

IMG_0332

It was actually one of the coldest days we had had in awhile, I had an OB appointment that morning and it was 14 degrees.  I don’t think the thermometer ever read over 20 degrees.  Bitter cold weather.  Oliver got to stay home with Daddy (hooray for off-Fridays!) while I was off for my appointment and some Christmas shopping.  Matthias really wanted to finish the fall cleanup of the yard before the snow came (since it surprisingly hadn’t yet), so when I got home Oliver was down for his nap and Matthias was out in the cold working.  When Oliver woke up, he really wanted to go outside, so we bundled him all up, and he didn’t even seem to care about the cold…for the first 5 or so minutes.  In fact, he finally got to look inside of the window that he always looked outside of.

IMG_0334sm

Those two faces convinced me to go back outside into the bitter cold (luckily I had my warm New Hampshire boots and my warm down coat!) and join in the fun.

IMG_0335

Oliver was really excited to see our one strand of outdoor LED Christmas lights.

IMG_0341

And then, of course, he wanted to go running into the street, which we deterred him to the sidewalk.  I can’t get enough of these toddling pictures!

IMG_0361IMG_0365IMG_0370

Much fun was had by all on the bitter cold December day.

After we warmed up, we worked on finishing the decorations on the Christmas tree because I had finally purchased hanging hooks.  This is Oliver hanging up one of my very first Christmas ornaments, crazy hat hair and all.  You can also see is Fisher Price Nativity set that we kept under the tree to try to deter the present ripping.

IMG_0375

1 comment:

Nendy said...

Thanks for all the pictures and the narrative to go with them! You need to get Matthias to take a few pictures of you too. I'm glad you are feeling good enough to blog.