Can you believe it?
Neither can we.
Until we look at how huge he is.
And how much he can do.
And how much he eats. Seriously, he eats more than I do. Although it seems to be slowing down. (What you see is the remnant of his birthday chocolate chip pancakes. Mmmm…)
These days Oliver loves talking once he's warmed up to you. His "words" include:
"Aaahhhhyyyyeeee" ("hi" He waves while saying it too. This is the only "word" that is repeatable).
"Mamamamamamama" when we say "Momma"
"Guhguhguhguh" when we say "Dada" (although there have been a couple of dada's there lately, along with a "Hidah!" for "Hi Dad").
Once he said "Mah Bagel", which is weird because he's never had a bagel.
When I say "banana" he'll say "nanana". He tries to imitate, but isn't quite there yet. I absolutely love his baby talk though! Oh, he also says "tikkotikkotikko" when I tickle him. And then there's always the "godoggo" that he's been saying for awhile, but I never blogged about. He LOVES that book.
He sometimes goes potty on the potty.
He's still a little scared when you try to have him walk holding just one hand.
He loves to give kisses, and half of the time I end up with slobbery cute baby kisses all over my face. He even puckers up his lips in an open O shape.
He loves fruits, but isn't as excited about vegetables anymore.
He is such a better sleeper than ever before. He's making the transition from 2 naps to 1, so it was frustrating at first, but now I just pay more attention to him and things are going really well. He also lets us sleep in a lot later. Sometimes even 6:30! And on mornings that he still wakes up at 5:30 (like today), I can nurse him and then just let him wreak havoc (aka play) in his bedroom while I get another half hour or so of sleep.
Oliver is at a really fun age. He loves:
knocking down anything we can stack
being chased
being tickled
seeing animals (he'll talk and laugh at them)
his Pooh-in-the-box (he finally can turn the handle, but his opening device of choice is the little red lever that holds it closed)
helping. He helps choose a story for bedtime, turn out the light, turn on the radio.
pushing buttons. Of any kind. Especially the keyboard. Bad news! (but we still love him, that just means that we need to speed up the desk we are sanding/refinishing)
being startled
dancing
hanging upside down
attacking the daddy to help him get up in the morning
helping momma make the bed
eating what momma and daddy are eating
playing with the velcro on his shoes
anything on a string
ripping and eating paper and waving it around crazily in the air
clapping his hands
watching and playing with kids
reading stories
looking out the window
We didn’t give him his birthday cake until Saturday, August 14 when we threw his birthday party/housewarming party.
We ended up with a huge turnout (around 50 we think) and it was a blast! (It was also hot, and thus my frosting melted….also, it was going to be red, but when it started looking pink I added a lot of yellow to it so that it was orangey-salmon colored. But it was delicious chocolate cake with homemade strawberry jam in the middle…amazing, if I do say so myself!)
Oliver took well to the cake.
Made a huge mess.
Was being entertained by our many guests,
Until he was all tuckered out and it was time for a bath before bedtime.
And there was much good Mexican food (thankfully catered by our Buyer’s Agent and Mortgage Broker) and cupcakes had by all.
(You NEED to try this cupcake frosting!)
1 comment:
He has sure grown and changed a lot since then hasn't he!
Post a Comment