Does it get any cuter than this?
How about this? We always used to tell him not to play burrito blanket without Mommy or Daddy, but it looks like he's got it down without getting panicky that there's a blanket on his face and he can't breath well.
Oliver was helping Daddy fold laundry.
I forgot to mention some other traits that Oliver has been picking up. He's learned how to click his throat and is always making monster growling noises. Since I haven't caught it on video yet, I tried to search for it on Youtube, and just imagine these guys before puberty, and more random. It was the best I could find...just imagine it being done by a cute baby...ok, so maybe it's not so accurate. I'll have to sneak up on Oliver with the camera. What's weird is that I don't think I have EVER done that around him, although when I was a kid I thought it was so cool that I could make my voice sound like Popoids.
He has also started popping his lips, which took me awhile to figure out how to do successfully after Shrek 2 came out. I had to be taught by my friend Meagan in college.
A few of you asked awhile ago about my camera. I still use my Canon Rebel XS with the kit lens EFS 18-55mm that Matthias got me last year for Valentine's Day. If you've noticed my photo quality getting significantly better, I can only attribute it to having an optically-minded husband who has explained aperture, ISO, shutter speed, f-stop, and lots of other camera jargon to me countless times and now I am brave enough to play with it. That and I learned how to edit my JPEGs in the Camera RAW editor, which is so much easier than using adjustment layers! I could shoot in RAW, but the pictures take up so much hard drive space and I already take way too many pictures. Also, my best shots are when I open the windows on a bright sunny day, which during the winter time that window of time was about 2 hours of good light through our windows. I really want a lens with a wider aperture, but I haven't decided which one. I'm leaning toward 50mm/f1.4 though.




3 comments:
I have the xs and I just bought the 50D. eeekks, so much fun. I still only have my old lenses though so I want to get a 50 1.8 or 1.4 I've been reading about them. Trying to see if the price difference is worth the quality I need.
Hi. Thanks for being good home teachers! From the Cheney's. And yes your baby is cute.
So I just found this post because I was looking for where you do photo competitions...I am trying to find a way to challenge myself so I can learn new things with my camera. Do you still do the competitions or am I dreaming that you even did them? You should tell Matthias that my very NON optically-minded mind needs him to explain aperature, ISO, etc. to me! I have such a hard time with it!
Post a Comment