Now that I'm allowed to start exercising again, I decided to give the Wii Fit that Matthias bought me for my birthday another try. I wasn't very good, and couldn't last very long, at 7-8 months pregnant. I don't think I even tried in the 9th month, but I was really tired from the preeclampsia.
The good news is, I am far more balanced now, even without exercising for about 10 weeks. According to Wii Fit I only have 10 pounds to lose to be back to pre-pregnancy weight. Granted, I have to rebuild my core muscles, so it'll take a bit longer to shed the pounds, but I'm excited to be able to exercise again. Mostly I'm excited to get my muscles back so it doesn't take as much effort to have good posture. I've never had amazing posture, but I'd say that it's about as bad as it can get these days. And holding a baby with bad posture makes my back hurt. I figured after the light exercises of Wii Fit I can start yoga/pilates and hopefully get back to my normal self.
In the past couple of weeks Oliver has changed from newborn to baby. He's been chunking up quite nicely (he's at around 12 pounds according to Wii Fit) and now has a double chin, and a roll on each thigh. We absolutely love it!
His eyes have been changing from gray to blue. We'll see if this sticks, but they are gorgeous! Especially now that his eyelashes are longer and starting to curl up. I love looking at his eyes!
Oliver has also started smiling at us! He never really had the gassy smiles we heard so much about, but now he smiles when we smile at him or are silly with him. He even coos and laughs at us. He has a voice now that is more than just crying, and it is quite the voice. Matthias is already trying to teach him how to say "da da". He's already said "ma ma" but I'm sure it was completely on accident.
Also, he has a little routine now.
Wake up
Feed
Burp
Change diaper
Feed
Burp
Playtime
Fussy time
Sleep
The good news is that he's only fussy until I pick him up from his playmat, and then he snuggles against me until he falls asleep. He's even started putting his little arm around mine like he is hugging me. I love it!
And because it's hard to capture his adorableness in one picture, you can see that we take far too many pictures, but it's impossible to delete any of them because each picture is just one step closer to capturing his adorableness. Here's an example of Oliver and Daddy time:
In other news, New Hampshire is gorgeous in the fall! People keep telling us "Just wait for the leaves!" but we are already in love with the changing leaves! I can't imagine it getting any more beautiful, but apparently it will. We had a couple weeks of cool weather, but I guess Indian summer is here because it's hot and humid again. Well, really it's just in the low 80's, but that's considered hot here.
7 comments:
How CuuUUuute! He is just adorable, although I am sure I am only seeing a fraction of his "adorableness."
Aw! HI OLIVER!! :D Auntie Kathleen loves you!
Funny story - so you gave me the pictures of him before you posted this. This is totally my desktop background! haha. Plus also a lot of people told me you have an adorable son. Plus also nasty Steven said "Yeah, and I bet he's even cuter in person!" Silly kiddo.
I LOVE YOU, WHITNEYS!!!
Um...cute baby!! Thanks for posting more pictures! Hope you guys are loving NH! Miss you!
Ah yes, I remember the pathetic ab muscles from after having Allie. It's crazy. GOod luck with getting fit and losing weight! It's so exciting to see the progress! ;)
I'm jealous of your changing leaves. I want a real fall!
Oliver is such a cutie!!
Oliver had gotten even cuter!! I didn't think it was possible. Good luck with the ab muscles. It is a lot of work, but worth it. Can I make the slideshow full screen? Keep up the blog and I like lots of pictures!
Too cute Megan! Enjoy your baby. I remember those days... my oldest baby is 18 and my youngest baby is 4 and 1/2.
What a wonderful time you and Matt have had--and how fun to have so many grandparents there for the blessing. Congratulations for a successful birth and taking on this adorable and new adventure.
Post a Comment